Old but if question about mykodi 17.6 on QNAP
smokeycoles
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Transfer Settings

Post by smokeycoles » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi philippe

Hope your well.

I have upgraded my TVs to UHD, and wanted to use Kodi on my TS-435A to play them. Unfortunately movies which are 30GB+ jump, and I think this is the QNAP CPU just unable to cope with UHD (2160p) movies.
I have a Windows computer which I have installed Kodi 17.6.

I love the setup of myKodi 17 - I use the repier skin.
Please can you tell me step by step instructions which folders I need to copy from my NAS to place on the Windows PC directory, to keep all settings, movie database, skins settings, and add-ons?

Is this possible, thank you.

Chris
philippe
Site Admin

Re: Transfer Settings

Post by philippe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 am

Hi Cris,
smokeycoles wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Hi philippe
Hope your well.
I have upgraded my TVs to UHD, and wanted to use Kodi on my TS-435A to play them. Unfortunately movies which are 30GB+ jump, and I think this is the QNAP CPU just unable to cope with UHD (2160p) movies.
I have a Windows computer which I have installed Kodi 17.6.
I love the setup of myKodi 17 - I use the repier skin.
Please can you tell me step by step instructions which folders I need to copy from my NAS to place on the Windows PC directory, to keep all settings, movie database, skins settings, and add-ons?
Is this possible, thank you.
Chris
I am not totally well :roll: :lol: ... due to works (paints and electricity) in my lab ... so I can't use my NAS from middle of June up to end of next week ... But the good is : I am in holidays ...

I think that problem is more with the I.G.P. of the CPU that are not able to support hardware decoding for your movies ... because the I/O on correct disk with 4 cores ... normally can read this kind of file without problems
... have a look to the kodi log, then use vainfo command (inside HD_Station) to know the capabilities of your I.G.P. ... I suppose it can hardware decode H264 but very limited or none H265 more use with 4K movies ...
The second possible point is the memory available on your NAS

On a new PC with a correct (up to date) graphic card you can certainly solve this (but verify before ... because I.G.P. (so not graphic card but integrated graphic) are in the same state in lot of Intel and AMD processor.

At all you have to transfer the content of .kodi folder (all your settings, addons, etc.) and your mysql / mariadb database if you use it (or change after moving configuration to use the actual database on NAS using remote access) to your windows PC
To go to QNAP .kodi do : cd $(getcfg mykodi17 install_path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf)/homes/newkodi17/.kodi
... and save (tar, zip, cp, etc.) contents in a shared resource
Then copy to Windows kodi user folder
USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Philippe.
These users thanked the author philippe for the post:
Moogle Stiltzkin (Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:25 pm)
Rating: 50%
QNAP / Asustor package integrator