Hello guys

New to the forum? Introduce yourself ...
Rednemus
Been thanked: 0

Hello guys

Post by Rednemus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Bonjour,

I've recently bought a QNAP TS-451+ and i've had some hard time with transcoding (downgrading CodexPack version lol), HD Station and video files in general.
I feel like there is almost no QNAP community / help on official forum.
But then i've found your kody player and it works like a charm. Even tho i took mykody18 alpha, i didn't get a single crash(i hope it stays like this).
So i've created an account there just to thank you.

Donc merci à toi Philippe :)

Sébastien
philippe
Site Admin

Re: Hello guys

Post by philippe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Rednemus,

Welcome ... even this forum is just started and not so active ... (my lab. is under works ... so no QNAP NAS, no server available up to middle of July ... )

I think that this change when my last QPKG will be ready ...
Kodi18 is now really NOT usable (alpha 2) under Ubuntu 14.04 ... so HD_Station ... BUT I hope to have a solution shortly ...

Philippe.
QNAP / Asustor package integrator
Rednemus

Post by Rednemus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Well kodi18 runs very smoothly on QTS(4.3.4.0597) with HD Station(3.2.4).
I didn't try LinuxStation yet but i will.

I have a technical question, i don't think this is the right place but if you know something it would really help.
I've some trouble with SSH. I can connect (with Putty) to my server with no problems.
But on the server, i can only find one html file that says my NAS hasn't been configured and that i need to use quick install (Which i did)
SSH is activated and i'm logging with admin account.

(I have TS-451+)
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi,
Rednemus wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Well kodi18 runs very smoothly on QTS(4.3.4.0597) with HD Station(3.2.4).
I didn't try LinuxStation yet but i will.

I have a technical question, i don't think this is the right place but if you know something it would really help.
I've some trouble with SSH. I can connect (with Putty) to my server with no problems.
But on the server, i can only find one html file that says my NAS hasn't been configured and that i need to use quick install (Which i did)
SSH is activated and i'm logging with admin account.

(I have TS-451+)
When you connect you to the NAS with ssh and admin accounts (others accounts (if configured for) can be used) .. connect you to the HOME folder of admin ... /root in this case
/root is rebuild at each boot ... with only ONE visible file name : index_default.html

To see others files ask ls to display all
ls -ali (for ex.)
To change to others folder use cd ex. : cd /share put you at the base of ALL visible data of your NAS (Public, Download, etc.)

I don't know if it's the question (so the response) ... if you are not familiar with Linux terminal mode, don't hesitate to search on th Web ... lot of interesting classrooms exist (in different language) to help you to start using the comman line mode.

Philippe.
These users thanked the author philippe for the post:
Rednemus (Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm)
Rating: 50%
QNAP / Asustor package integrator
Rednemus

Post by Rednemus » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Oh silly me, i never considerated that i wasn't in the "/" at connection. I didn't even try to cd :oops:
I won't do this mistake again.

Thank you very much.