Onecd rotating banner and autosort?

All about QPKG
Moogle Stiltzkin

Onecd rotating banner and autosort?

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin » Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 am

Just wondering, are these going to be added here as well? :? I use these 2 addons for my qnaps.

Did anyone notice that they recently tweaked the rotating adds to make it even more annoying? like... r they trying to troll on purpose? :shock: it pissed many people off, that even someone made a video of it :?

many things they could have done to fix rotating banner
1. add hide/unhide. not everyone wants it.
2. add a hover on effect that will pause rotating.
3. add buttons to slide left and right to browse the banner
4. it's featured apps, but honestly most are not really apps i would normally use or interested in. maybe add a mechanism that detects what apps other users are using, which they can submit this analytic anonymously, then it will update the banner to show what most other people are using. So change from featured, to most popular add ons (based on other users top qpkgs frequently installed/used)
5. the banner slide is too fast. maybe make it show a static app, then 5 seconds later, then it will slide to the next app using a fade in effect that is less flashy and distracting.

And while they are at it, why not fix the app sort to be show latest in descending, so that the most recent apps show at the very top by default. Old/stale stuff should not be shown at the very top, for the most obvious reason. Normally when people go to app center, what they want to see first is what is new.
Spoiler!
OneCD

Re: Onecd rotating banner and autosort?

Post by OneCD » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 am

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Just wondering, are these going to be added here as well? :? I use these 2 addons for my qnaps.
That would be up to Philippe. His site, his rules. ;)
Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:Did anyone notice that they recently tweaked the rotating adds to make it even more annoying? like... r they trying to troll on purpose? :shock:
Yes, I think the javascript is buggy and didn't respond well when I resized the App Center window.
Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:it pissed many people off, that even someone made a video of it :?
Someone did - me. It's now the only video on my Youtube channel. :P
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CouchPotato CRON Debian DNSMasq Entware-3x FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd+ SickRage Transmission Usenet VirtualBox WordPress XFCE
Moogle Stiltzkin

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin » Mon May 28, 2018 1:40 pm

OneCD wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 am
that is what i was wondering. is the qpkg only going to be for father mande's releases, or will other authors be allowed to post theirs as well
OneCD wrote:
well i gave it a like :lol:
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Mon May 28, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler!
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi,
Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:40 pm
OneCD wrote:
that is what i was wondering. is the qpkg only going to be for father mande's release, or will other authors be allowed to post theirs as well
OneCD wrote:
well i gave it a like :lol:
Even if I prefer to be inform before posting other QPKG/APKG ... it's absolutely possible

how-to :
... prerequisite : be sure that QPKG/APKG is legal and assume the ENTIRE responsibility on it
1 register (if not done)
2 send me a PM with the QPKG/APKG name
3 I will create a new sub-forum
4 developer / integrator can create topic and announce the QPKG availability with link to download the QPKG
5 (when I understand how to do) I will add all management to the sub-forum to the owner ... (stocky, announcement, etc.)

Philippe.
QNAP / Asustor package integrator
OneCD

Post by OneCD » Mon May 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks guys. 8-)

These two packages have no further development planned, and seem to be working well enough now. There may be minor changes made to support new QTS firmware and the addition of new QPKGs to the SortMyQPKGs lists if required.

In the event the current host (Christophe's Qnapclub Store) disappears, the fallback is that each is also directly available on GitHub which supports issue-tracking and discussion.
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CouchPotato CRON Debian DNSMasq Entware-3x FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd+ SickRage Transmission Usenet VirtualBox WordPress XFCE