[myHD] Kodi18 QPKG

philippe
Site Admin

[myHD] Kodi18 QPKG

Post by philippe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi,

kodi18 QPKG (test in lowercase) appear as MH_kodi18 in HD_Station Q.T.V. screen :
When a QPKG in myHD is name kodi18 THE REAL NAME for QTS and HD_Station is MH_kodi18 (it's to identify easily all myHD's QPKG)
Kodi18 is from the official unstable (Beta and R.C.) PPA from Kodi team

install kodi18 QPKG if it's not already done
In a terminal do :
myHD_qpkg install kodi18
... if by error you rerun this ... the previous QPKG is deleted and the actual (same ?) is installed ... so don't be worry ... only delai (short)
... IN CASE of error due to lack of QPKG file create it ...
myHD_qpkg create kodi18

Where are the .kodi folder (settings, log, etc.)
in myHD user HOME ... so for "qnap" user in /home/qnap
... do myHD_user qnap ... and you are immediately inside

How I can install some binary addons from Ubuntu PPA :
Enter in myHD as root (myHD_root) then install as usual
apt-get install name_of_the_package
To get the packages available do :
apt-cache search kodi | grep ^kodi | grep -v dbg
... and select name with -pvr / -audioencoder / -audiodecoder / -visualization / -inputstream / -audiodsp / -imagedecoder etc. basic kodi is already installed
To get the installed part do :
dpkg -l kodi* | grep ^ii
OR ask the community ... :lol:

[Update]
just done by using Ubuntu apt manager as root (myHD_root)
apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade ... if kodi have a new version you can get it
OR use in QTS
myHD apt_upgrade_package

[Know problem]
Browse S.M.B. don't work in some case

For Debug and Tips & Tricks (ex; for S.M.B. problem) use this post : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1320

Philippe.
QNAP / Asustor package integrator
softgiggio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [myHD] Kodi18 QPKG

Post by softgiggio » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi, I have installed Kodi 18 Beta with my_HD 0.2. I have a TS-253B with QTS 4.3.5 Public Beta 2. The remote controller with Kodi don’t work, only power button (exit from Kodi)
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 am

Hi,
softgiggio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi, I have installed Kodi 18 Beta with my_HD 0.2. I have a TS-253B with QTS 4.3.5 Public Beta 2. The remote controller with Kodi don’t work, only power button (exit from Kodi)
It's a beta ... and the first result of months of works ... sorry I am a little slow
I have put in the todo list the works on remote control ... I suppose basically it's a change to do in lircmap in kodi ... but I have not yet study the problem in Kodi18 ...
If exit button works ... this imply that key are correctly send to Kodi18 ... but others are not managed by it ... the reason to change the lircmap in Kodi ...

At this time you can use any remote control based on direct access to Kodi (take attention to the port used by Kodi (settings) myHD share the I.P. port with Q.T.S. ... so be sure it's not already used)
... ex. try Kore the official remote control for Kodi on IOS or Android or any alternative like droidmote that works at low level by simulating keyboard and mouse move

Sorry for the inconvenience BUT I do this only on my free time and I am limited in platform to test (share the development and the test platform is a source of error or missing things ...

Philippe.
Sonn

Post by Sonn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Awsome work ….was able to upgrade to kodi beta 2 this morning :) Thank you so much philippe for all your hard work..... :D :D
Hslansky

Post by Hslansky » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:55 am

Sonn wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:34 pm
Awsome work ….was able to upgrade to kodi beta 2 this morning :) Thank you so much philippe for all your hard work..... :D :D
Same here, myHD is awesome!! No waiting for qpkgs to be created, just a normal Linux upgrade. Thank you again Philippe your hard work is very much appreciated.
softgiggio

Post by softgiggio » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi, when I add a new source, don’t view the local share into my NAS. I view all folder (root, etc, home, ecc...) but the share folder is blank.

TS-253B with QTS 4.3.5 beta2
Hslansky

Post by Hslansky » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:57 am

softgiggio wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm
Hi, when I add a new source, don’t view the local share into my NAS. I view all folder (root, etc, home, ecc...) but the share folder is blank.

Have you done a "myHD add_include_folder sharename? If not, you must do that before it will show up in Kodi. Doing a "myHD list_include_folder" will show you any folders that are being shared. Please keep in mind that if you decide to uninstall myHD you need to remove the shares first. Please review the documentation provided by Philippe.

Issuing a "myHD" command from a console will show you all of the options and command formats.
womatron

Post by womatron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm

philippe wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 am
Hi,
softgiggio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm
It's a beta ... and the first result of months of works ... sorry I am a little slow
I have put in the todo list the works on remote control ... I suppose basically it's a change to do in lircmap in kodi ... but I have not yet study the problem in Kodi18 ...
If exit button works ... this imply that key are correctly send to Kodi18 ... but others are not managed by it ... the reason to change the lircmap in Kodi ...
Just for info, whenever I press any key at all on my remote, I get the following:

22:33:26.902 T:140368475007360 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x32, sym: 0x0130, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x1
22:33:26.902 T:140368475007360 DEBUG: HandleKey: leftshift (0xf0d2) pressed, action is
22:33:26.902 T:140368475007360 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x32, sym: 0x0130, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0

i.e. every button gives exactly the same scancode etc and is detected as 'leftshift'. I did look to see what mode2 and irw told me but both gave me errors initially, I installed lirc and configured it as an MCE remove within the myHD sandbox which made mode2 and irw stop giving me errors but they gave me zero output. I am no expert so gave up at this point!
softgiggio

Post by softgiggio » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Hslansky wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:57 am
softgiggio wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Have you done a "myHD add_include_folder sharename? If not, you must do that before it will show up in Kodi. Doing a "myHD list_include_folder" will show you any folders that are being shared. Please keep in mind that if you decide to uninstall myHD you need to remove the shares first. Please review the documentation provided by Philippe.

Issuing a "myHD" command from a console will show you all of the options and command formats.
Yes, I have added myHD add_include_folder /share/Multimedia and myHD add_include_folder /share/Multimedia/Movies but when I open it, in Kodi, I view the folders but dont't open it
philippe
Site Admin

Post by philippe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am

Hi,
softgiggio wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Yes, I have added myHD add_include_folder /share/Multimedia and myHD add_include_folder /share/Multimedia/Movies but when I open it, in Kodi, I view the folders but dont't open it
Did you restart myHD after including new folder ? (myHD restart) ... due to isolation the include folder is really effective at start time .

To verify do : myHD status ... last lines list the mounted folder available in myHD (so visible)

Last, remember that I don't use admin / root ... but a standard user (name qnap with group root) ... so be sure that all can read your foldernot only admin or another QTS user
... if you use another QTS user ... and have access right restricted ... use move_user function (myHD command) to clone the user in myHD environment.

Last be sure to be in version 0.2 ... if not, update or apply patch for v 0.1 to solve problems (but with the problem it's myHD that don't start after including a new folder.

Philippe.